Wednesday 27 January 2010

Crop crop crop!

well i got my map into some sort of reasonable state for the presentations i heavily slapped on a height fog more than initially wanted but i think it might work, with a stack of large pointlight placeholders

however unreal engine doesnt seem to be the best of things for my large scale plan and i dont really want to drop the details down just to make a large area that looks like it was made in the 90's, my outer borders gone from about 200k to practically nothing..with the heavy fog i dont really need it, ive noticed when i build all now its only using 2gb max of ram where before it would hit 3.2gb and just crash so obviously my map was too big with the settings i had.

I've also split the 2nd "island" that u surface up after the underground thats going to be in a 3rd level and ill have to use level streaming, the idea would be that its all in 1 massive enviroment but thats just not happening in this buggy engine, it does mean however my "first" map isnt TOO far from being finished i guess, it still needs all the polish and some more details and buildings but its a hell of a lot closer now

No comments:

Post a Comment