Wednesday 24 February 2010

Updates!

Nothing huge here, or not really much noticeable but theres been some changes so its worth an update

Firstly after my months of facepalming at my lack of shadows, it hit me..what is a night time map missing..well mine...the moon!..and the moon should give me some shadows on the ground (well the directional light will) so for starters i needed to make a quick bsp sheet with a photo of the moon on, i couldnt use 1 of the stock images built into the skydomes as you cant even see my skydome because of all the fog so heres the moon and a couple of shadows on the ground from some of the buildings




I've also worked a bit on tidying up my shop area, the final area i keep taking this mesh with the orange light in and reusing it as i think it adds a nice bit of futurism!..but i couldnt keep using the same damn orange over and over, so i changed the material to a diff shade and tidied up the building a little theres still some finishing to do but its all much better now with the hand rail tidied up with curved ages and ive finished up the stairs down the side so u can actually climb up them without having to jump:




as i say it needs more work im not that happy with the structure yet but its much better than it was

Now finally my park looked pretty crap, the unreal grass sucks i could make my own but im not sure how much id need to spam it to make shadows look good, my texture was quite high quality but it was tiled to hell so ive gone back to the material and added a 2nd layer

OLD:


NEW:


Does look a lot better and i think i may be able to tweak it more maybe get some dirt in, still undcided about grass meshes, with the old more tiled material i was tempted to cut the park down quite a bit so i could bu mp up the quality in other places as it looks quite bare, however this much less tile look..im now undecided!

No comments:

Post a Comment